Requirements and Eligibility
At SMU, formal recruitment takes place each January. In order to be eligible, a PNM must:
- Successfully pass at least 12 hours with a 2.500 semester GPA* at SMU or another university.
- Hold a cumulative GPA of 2.500 or higher
- Not be on disciplinary probation or higher during any point in the previous semester.
* The average GPA for women going through recruitment last year was about 3.400.
Registration Cost: $75
The cost for recruitment registration covers two recruitment shirts, snacks, the Rho Gamma program and administrative costs during formal recruitment week. There will not be refunds for recruitment registration fees.
Registration for Panhellenic recruitment is available starting on Septermber 1st, 2018. The registration deadline is November 1st, 2018. Recruitment registration is all online. Once you have filled out the online registration form, you will be connected to www.greekbill.com, where you will pay your recruitment fee by credit card or check. You are not eligible for Panhellenic recruitment if you have not registered online through SMU.
Tuesday, August 21st, 2018 All Greek Information Session at 5:00pm in Hughes-Triggs Ballroom
Saturday, September 1st, 2018: Registration Opens
* Monday, October 1st, 2018: Mandatory Recruitment Information Session #1 at 5pm in the Hughes-Trigg Ballroom
Wednesday October 31st, 2018: Registration Closes at 11:59pm.
* Wednesday, October 24th, 2018: Mandatory Recruitment Information Session #2 at 5pm in the Hughes-Trigg Ballroom
* You must be present at BOTH information sessions to be eligible to participate in formal recruitment in January.
Formal Recruitment Week: Sunday, January 13th — Thursday, January 17th, 2019
Sunday, January 13th- Mandatory Orientation Meeting
Monday, January 14th — Open House Day
Tuesday, January 15th — Philanthropy Day
Wednesday, January 16th — Sisterhood Day
Thursday, January 17th — Preference & Bid Day
Recommendations are letters written by sorority alumnae supporting a PNM going through Panhellenic recruitment. Recommendations are not required to go through recruitment. If a chapter requires a recommendation for PNMs, it is ultimately the chapter's responsibility to secure a recommendation.
PNMs who would like to secure their own recommendations may do so, but all recommendations must be sent directly to the chapter house. Any and all recommendations sent to SMU Panhellenic Council will be discarded and not forwarded. The SMU Panhellenic Office cannot help you secure recommendations or check to see if a chapter has received a recommendation for you.
Please do not call the SMU Panhellenic/Student Activities Office with questions regarding recommendations.
Alpha Chi Omega Chi Omega Delta Delta Delta Delta Gamma
3020 Daniel Ave. 3034 Daniel Ave. 3100 University Blvd. 3120 Daniel Ave.
Gamma Phi Beta Kappa Alpha Theta Kappa Kappa Gamma Pi Beta Phi
3030 Daniel Ave. 3108 University Blvd. 3110 University Blvd. 3101 Daniel Ave.