Requirements and Eligibility For Informal Recruitment (Fall 2019)
- This recruitment process in the Fall semester is for upperclass women only (those that have passed and completed at least 12 college credit hours at SMU in a long semester (i.e. Fall or Spring))
- Registration will open Sunday, September 1, 2019 and close Friday, September 6, 2019 at 12pm
- Registration Fee: N/A
Sunday, September 1st, 2019: Informal Recruitment Registration Opens
Tuesday, September 3rd, 2019: Informal Recruitment Info Session and Chapter Meet and Greet at 6:30 PM in the Hughes Trigg Promenades
Friday, September 6th, 2019: Informal Recruitment Registration Closes at noon
Requirements and Eligibility For Spring Recruitment 2020
At SMU, formal recruitment takes place each January. In order to be eligible, a PNM must:
- Successfully pass at least 12 hours with a 2.500 semester GPA* at SMU or another university.
- Hold a cumulative GPA of 2.500 or higher
- Not be on disciplinary probation or higher during any point in the previous semester.
* The average GPA for women going through recruitment last year was about 3.400.
Registration Cost: $75
The cost for recruitment registration covers two recruitment shirts, snacks, the Rho Gamma program and administrative costs during formal recruitment week. There will not be refunds for recruitment registration fees.
Registration for Panhellenic recruitment is available starting on September 8th, 2019. The registration deadline is October 25th, 2019. Recruitment registration is all online. Once you have filled out the online registration form, you will be connected to www.greekbill.com, where you will pay your recruitment fee by credit card or check. You are not eligible for Panhellenic recruitment if you have not registered online through SMU.
Tuesday, August 27th, 2019 All Greek Information Session at 5:00pm in Hughes-Triggs Ballroom
Sunday, September 8th, 2019: Registration Opens
* Tuesday, September 17th, 2019: Mandatory Recruitment Information Session #1 at 6pm in the Hughes-Trigg Ballroom
Friday October 25th, 2019: Registration Closes at 11:59pm.
* Wednesday, October 30th, 2019: Mandatory Recruitment Information Session #2 at 6pm in the Hughes-Trigg Ballroom
* You must be present at BOTH information sessions to be eligible to participate in formal recruitment in January.
Formal Recruitment Week: Saturday, January 11th — Wednesday, January 15th, 2020
Friday, January 10th- Mandatory Orientation Meeting (Plan to be back by 3pm)
Saturday, January 11th — Open House Day
Sunday, January 12th — Philanthropy Day
Monday, January 13th — Sisterhood Day
Tuesday, January 14th — Preference Day
Wednesday, January 15th — Bid Day
Recommendations are letters written by sorority alumnae supporting a PNM going through Panhellenic recruitment. Recommendations are not required to go through recruitment. If a chapter requires a recommendation for PNMs, it is ultimately the chapter's responsibility to secure a recommendation.
PNMs who would like to secure their own recommendations may do so, but all recommendations must be sent directly to the chapter house. Any and all recommendations sent to SMU Panhellenic Council will be discarded and not forwarded. The SMU Panhellenic Office cannot help you secure recommendations or check to see if a chapter has received a recommendation for you.
Please do not call the SMU Panhellenic/Student Activities Office with questions regarding recommendations.
Alpha Chi Omega Chi Omega Delta Delta Delta Delta Gamma
3140 Dyer St. #4225 3034 Daniel Ave. 3100 University Blvd. 3120 Daniel Ave.
Gamma Phi Beta Kappa Alpha Theta Kappa Kappa Gamma Pi Beta Phi
3030 Daniel Ave. 3108 University Blvd. 3110 University Blvd. 3101 Daniel Ave.